Welcome! This series is for the kids – the gifted kids. I want to get to know them a little better, and I wanted to share them with the world. Perhaps this series will help people understand that gifted isn’t better or less, it’s just different. That’s my goal!
Each post contains the response of a different child. Different ages, different personalities, but they’re all gifted. Some are responses by the child, some are scribed by the parent. All names are changed to protect the privacy of the kids. Curious about the names? I’m assigning Greek or Roman god and goddess names to each child based on some defining trait that I see in their answers. I’m running out of goddesses and may have to branch out to other civilizations!
So sit down and read for a bit – it’s interesting to see how different and similar their responses are. And check back now and then – I’m always adding more as I get responses.
Interested in responding yourself? Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the list of questions. I would love to hear from you too!
The post that started it all:
1. What is your passion or your current interest?
2. What is the one thing you wish you could tell the world about being gifted?
3. What is your greatest strength, and your most difficult weakness as a gifted kid?
4. Are you homeschooled, in a gifted program, or mainstream school? Which one would you prefer if you were offered the choice?
5. Do you want to hide being gifted or celebrate it?
6. Do you have a mentor? And if so, has that helped you grow and learn as a person?
7. What’s the one thing you want to accomplish before you become an adult?
8. If you were able to instantly change the word “Gifted” to something different, what would you pick? Why?
9. What do you want us to know about you?
10. If you were given the chance to be on the first colony ship off earth, would you go? Why?
11. Are all kids gifted?
12. Tell us what it feels like to be you.